The Notre Dame -Cathedral Latin athletic program is grounded in the history, traditions and enduring values of Notre Dame Academy and Cathedral Latin School. The entire NDCL community strives to live our core values: justice, respect, integrity, community and excellence.
Our athletes are student-athletes. The main purpose of their participation in athletics is to excel in the competitive arena while experiencing formation and development in every aspect of their lives. By their participation in this arena, they will be prepared for the wider arena of life’s the opportunities and challenges of daily life as they assume their leadership role “to transform the world, as Jesus did, by living the truth in love.”
Notre Dame -Cathedral Latin School is a proud member of the Ohio High School Athletic Association and the prestigious North Coast League. Along with NDCL, this highly competitive league includes Archbishop Hoban, Beaumont, Benedictine, Cleveland Central Catholic, Holy Name, Lake Catholic, Padua Franciscan, Trinity, Villa Angela-St. Joseph, Walsh Jesuit, and Warren John F. Kennedy.
The purpose of NDCL interscholastic sports is to:
- Educate each athlete physically, mentally, and spiritually to use and develop his or her talents and abilities.
- Instill in each student-athlete the Christian values of sportsmanship, teamwork, and dedication.
- Provide students the opportunity to participate in a competitive sports program under the direction of qualified, well trained, and dedicated coaches.
- Create an atmosphere of friendly competition and respect while excelling in local, conference, and statewide athletic contests.
- Give parents and family members the opportunity to enjoy watching and supporting their children compete in educationally based athletic competitions.