| Outstanding; distinguished achievement
- meets maximum requirement, demonstrates excellence
- analyzes and synthesizes knowledge and skills
- shows consistent, active and effective involvement
Above average; commendable achievement
- consistently meets requirements of quality work
- demonstrates ability to apply knowledge and skills
- shows active and effective involvement
Average; satisfactory achievement
- meets basic requirements for work of good quality
- acquires basic knowledge and skills
- shows active involvement
Below average; minimal achievement
- meets minimal requirements, produces poor quality work
- acquires knowledge and skills sufficient for passing
- shows limited involvement
|F below 70%
Failure; no credit issued
- fails to meet minimal requirements
- lack of knowledge and skills sufficient for passing
- shows little or no involvement
Honor Roll Requirements
Honors are based on semester grades and require the following grade point averages.
||GPA 4.0 and above
Honors and Advanced Placement
talented students are encouraged to take Honors and Advanced Placement courses
for which they qualify. These courses prepare them for the Advanced Placement
tests and provide them with greater academic challenges. AP exams give students
the opportunity to receive advanced college placement and/or college credit.
Deficiencies in Credit
Deficiencies in credit must be remediated in summer school, credited on-line classes, or by means of a certified tutor. These credits may not be made up by carrying additional courses during the school term or by retaking the courses at NDCL.
A student who is deficient in credit must make up the credit before returning to NDCL in the fall.
A student who fails more than the equivalent of one (1) credit in a given school year may be asked to withdraw from Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin School.
For any semester F, a senior must make up the course or take a course of equivalent credit before a diploma will be issued.